17) Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
18) When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
19) Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
20) Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
21) Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.
Jude 1:23 – And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
When Moses was told to speak to the rock and He hit the rock instead, water still came out for the Isrealite, though Moses disobeyed. Numbers 20:8-12.
12 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.
After all this, the Isrealites still won battles, miracles still abounded through Moses (Numbers 22) but Moses still didn’t enter into the promised land.
Please don’t lets be like Balaam (Numbers 23) who had to be spoken to by a donkey(ass) who saved him from being slain by the angel (and was beaten for it) before he could listen – Numbers 23:22, 28, 31-33.
- Revelation 2:14
- But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
- 2 Peter 2:15 | Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
- Jude 1:11
- Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core
- It’s so sad that some believers might still be thinking that they’re standing and they are actually not(Luke 11:35). They have “struck” instead of “speaking” to “the Rock” at a point in their ministry which might cause them not to see the promised land. And they have failed and are still failing to listen to correction.
13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
Summarily, let those who have been a Believer for long(meat-eaters) do everything moderately for the sake of the New converts(babies). Don’t allow your liberty (I can do whatever I like, God is only concerned with my heart) cause your fellow brethren to fall.
God help us. Shalom!