Why is it IMPORTANT to know who a PHARISEE is?,
Because we have to be BETTER than them to ENTER the Kingdom of GOD.-Matthew 5:20.
If you don’t know what you’re better than, can you truly say you’re better than???
But of cause you can only not be a Pharisee yourself if you exalt Jesus the Christ, not only as Saviour, but also as Lord.
SO WHO’S A PHARISEE?
1. Someone who teaches one thing, but practices a different thing.
2. Someone who thinks he is morally and spiritually superior to fellow believer in Christ.
3. Someone who replaces the ordinances of GOD with human rules, and human tradition. -Mark 7:9.
4. Someone who does charitable deeds to be NOTICED. -Matthew 6:5.
5. Perhaps one of the chief traits of Pharisees is their LOVE FOR TITLES;
They like to be called Teacher, mentor, life-coach, father, ‘oga’ at the top etc-Matthew 23:5-12
6. A Pharisee thinks there’s a level of grace that he has that none of his fellow believers in Christ have.
7. They like to play EXPERTS over people’s lives.
“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
For you shut up the kingdom of Heaven against men;
for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.”-Matthew 23:13.
If Jesus prophesied woe to the Pharisees, don’t you want to make sure you steer clear from the tendencies, or characteristics?
READ YOUR BIBLE, MEDITATE, PRAY, TRUST, AND OBEY GOD…Kuorire
~ Kenny K’ore.